The Leasing Representative will report to the Vice President of Leasing and is responsible for the procurement of suitable tenants for the Company’s shopping center portfolio, based on objectives established for each center. Working closely with the company’s various departments, the Leasing Representative negotiates the business terms of the lease and follows each deal through to execution. The Leasing Representative also negotiates lease renewals, amendments, relocations, and options. The ideal candidate must be based in Atlanta.
- Canvasses trade areas and make cold calls on existing businesses.
- Procures and negotiates lease deals.
- Creates business relationships and attends trade organization meetings.
- Produces market and shopping center analyses including the analyses of sales, rents, and vacancies in our own and competing centers.
- Coordinates third-party broker activities.
- Qualifies prospective tenants.
- Negotiates the terms and conditions of lease with prospective tenants.
- Works closely with the in-house and outside legal staff during the negotiation phase of the deal. Clarifies business points in question and works with tenants over any disputed business issues.
- Coordinates leasing activities with various company departments.
- Prepares projections, status and activity reports and actively participates in budget analyses.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Meet or exceed and maintain occupancy percentage goals by procuring successful tenants that complement the centers and working with existing tenants to renew or renegotiate their leases.
- The position must be able to work independently and in a team environment; must be able to communicate in face-to-face interactions with clients and colleagues on a regular basis.
- Position requires repetitive use of on-site equipment, documents, and other necessary items.
- Regular, consistent attendance and punctuality are essential to the job.
- Focus and attention to detail are critical to the success of this role
- Ability to travel 50% of the time on average is mandatory
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field (Business, Finance, Real Estate).
- 5-10 years’ experience in retail real estate leasing.
- Introductory to significant knowledge of commercial triple net leases, the retail real estate industry, local markets, and tenant mix.
- Must possess knowledge of construction terms and governmental codes and regulations.
- Must possess excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong written communication skills required.
- Must be computer literate to include a working knowledge of the MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel) in a Windows environment.
- Must have own transportation to travel to area shopping centers